Ikigai: It describes the Secrets For A Long And Happy Life.
One Line Summary: IKIGAI explains how having the following can help you live a longer and better life.
- A purpose
- Eating Healthily, and
- Not Retiring
We all have an IKIGAI.
It’s the Japanese word for ‘a reason to live’ or ‘a reason to jump out of bed in the morning’.
Ikigai is a Japanese word derived from the words ‘iki’, which means life, and ‘kai,’ which means the fulfilment of hopes and expectations. In other words, understanding one’s Ikigai is the key to long life and translates to finding a cause to exist in this world.
It’s the place where your needs, desires, ambitions, and satisfaction meet. A place of balance. Small wonder that finding your ikigai is closely linked to living longer.
Finding your ikigai is easier than you might think.
This book will help you work out what your own ikigai really is, and equip you to change your life. You have a purpose in this world: your skills, your interests, your desires and your history have made you the perfect candidate for something. All you have to do is find it. Read this book for secrets for a long and happy life.
Do that, and you can make every single day of your life joyful and meaningful. ‘I read it and it’s bewitched me ever since. I’m spellbound.’
Discover the Japanese secret to a long and happy life with the internationally bestselling guide to ikigai.
The people of Japan believe that everyone has an ikigai – a reason to jump out of bed each morning. And according to the residents of the Japanese island of Okinawa – the world’s longest-living people – finding it is the key to a longer and more fulfilled life.
Inspiring and comforting, this book will give you the life-changing tools to uncover your personal ikigai. It will show you how to leave urgency behind, find your purpose, nurture friendships and throw yourself into your passions.
Bring meaning and joy to your every day with ikigai.
‘Ikigai gently unlocks simple secrets we can all use to live long, meaningful, happy lives. Science-based studies weave beautifully into honest, straight-talking conversation you won’t be able to put down. Warm, patient, and kind, this book pulls you gently along your own journey rather than pushing you from behind.’ Neil Pasricha, bestselling author of The Happiness Equation
The Ikigai 10 Rules for Secret to a Long and Happy Life:
- Don’t Retire; Stay Active.
- Take It Easy.
- Filling Your Stomach Is Not a Good Idea.
- Make Sure You Have a Good Group of Buddies Around You.
- Prepare for Your Next Birthday by Becoming in Shape.
- Reconnect With Nature.
- Give Thanks.
- Keep Your Focus on the Now.
- Follow Your Ikigai.
IKIGAI Rule 1: Don’t Retire; Stay Active.
- You don’t have to wait till retirement to be happy.
- Right now, you can experience the greatest delight of your life.
- Understand How much time we do have:
IKIGAI Rule 2: Take It Easy.
- Do not take any stress. Nothing is fixed.
- Slow and steady wins the race!
IKIGAI Rule 3: Filling Your Stomach Is Not a Good Idea.
- Eat healthy
- Stay fit for long live
IKIGAI Rule 4: Make Sure You Have a Good Group of Buddies Around You.
- Surround Yourself With Good Friends
- It shape your future and support in urgency.
IKIGAI Rule 5: Prepare for Your Next Birthday by Becoming in Shape.
- Get In Shape For Your Next Birthday
- Healthy and fit body live long.
IKIGAI Rule 6: Smile.
- A smile is formed primarily by flexing the muscles at the sides of the mouth.
- It makes mind and body stress free.
IKIGAI Rule 7: Reconnect With Nature.
- Spend time with Nature.
- It will be generate the positive energy.
IKIGAI Rule 8: Give Thanks.
- Give thanks with a grateful heart
IKIGAI Rule 9: Keep Your Focus on the Now.
- Live In The Moment
- Stay out of Stress
IKIGAI Rule 10: Follow Your Ikigai.
- We all have a unique passion and talent within us, according to the writers of the book IKIGAI and the people they studied. This passion and skill drives us and gives us purpose.
- Find and follow your Ikigai. Click here for a step-by-step guide on locating your Ikigai. Keep going in the direction of obtaining it after you’ve found it.
Engage yourself on the work or task in which you find your passion.
Retirement may appear delicious at first, but if we stay at home all day, it will become sour — I believe everyone has seen that during the quarantine period.
To live a long and happy life, we must do something we enjoy and discover our IKIGAI. It would eventually ensure that you would wake up with a grin on your face.
Follow your passion, it will make yourself busy and live long & happy life.
Read the complete Book: Buy from Amazon
Author: Héctor García & Francesc Miralles
Okinawa is a Japanese island to the south that is home to some of the world’s oldest people.
Men live to be 84 years old on average, whereas women live to be 90 years old.
There are also a lot of persons that are 100 years old or older. Even the oldest Okinawans are regarded as healthy and capable of living and functioning independently on emotional, physical, and mental levels.
Their lifespan is attributed to three factors as per researchers:
- Their Nutrition
- Their simple outdoor lives, and
- Their subtropical environment
Their lives, however, are shaped by Ikigai. Iki is a Japanese word that means “to live,” while gai is a Japanese word that means “reason.” As a result, your Ikigai is the reason for your being.
Each person’s ikigai is unique to them and is based on their experiences, values, and beliefs.
It reflects an individual’s inner self and generates a relaxed mental state for the individual.
How to find your Checkout Other Books
Further Read: 10 Best Books To be Successful in 10 months